Friday 26 August 2011

House


house
Summary: A group of girls travels to the countryside to visit Gorgeous’ aunt, whom she has not seen in 10 years, only to discover things are not what they seem…


I’ve said it before, and now I have to say it again.  Japanese people are crazy.  I have seen some crazy movies in my day, many of them Japanese, and yet I was still not prepared for House.  Next time I go to one of these movies I need to create some sort of crazy contraption to hold my mouth shut because my chin is raw from scraping the floor and I hate swallowing bugs (and when you are watching movies somewhere like the Metro that is a serious concern (oh Metro, I kid because I love)).  Now this wasn’t crazy like Tokyo Gore Police – it is not very violent and certainly not gory for a horror movie – but I don’t have a clue what was going through the director’s mind.  Remember the acid scene in the cemetery at the end of Easy Rider?  It’s sort of like that but even more surreal and lasts the entire movie.  Every time you think it can’t get any crazier the movie cuts to an even more frantic and pointless scene full of bad picture-in-picture and ridiculous dialogue.  Eventually you have severed fingers playing a piano amidst weird flashing lights and the lower half of a torso attacking a possessed portrait of a cat.  I’m still having a hard time wrapping my head around this movie, leaving me with little else to say.  If you ever get a chance to see this I think it is probably worth your time.
WTF-
originally posted May 19, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment